Wednesday 12 May 2010

Egos and Contests

I had a confidence boost, if a slightly embarrassing one, at school today. In English, my teacher used an essay I wrote as an example of 'how to get it right' which was very flattering, considering I didn't think it was anything special. Although it was embarrassing for her to read it out like that, it did make me feel better about my abilities in essay writing to know that she felt it was good enough to use as an example.

In other news, I have decided to enter a script writing contest for students of my age and I recently altered the main concept of my play. Instead of having a cast of three friends, I have changed it to a cast of three strangers who meet and get to know one another as the play progresses. I think that would be more interesting to watch than just a group of friends chatting. Either way, I want to keep my original idea of a largely dialogue and character-driven storyline, instead of relying on grand, dramatic events to hold viewer interest.

Whether I win the contest or not, you can't deny the experience, and it would mean one more creative piece in my portfolio, which is always a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment