Wednesday 2 June 2010

The Near and Not So Near Future

Examinations are just around the corner, so I must say that it's difficult to fully enjoy my half term. It's just a good thing that I don't have many plans outside revision. I also have a fool-proof plan for getting through my first exam, for one half of it, at least. If I write an essay on how I would portray all four main characters from Lady Windemere's Fan then I won't get caught out and I'll have lots to say on each one. That way, the only way I wouldn't know what to do would be if they asked about a more minor character, which is very unlikely for two reasons:
1) We're the first year to do this exam board, so it is unlikely they will go for less conventional questions.
2) The exam board isn't cruel enough to throw a curveball like that. There wouldn't be enough character exposure to write a decent essay on a bit part like Parker, for example, who has roughly five lines throughout the entire play.

To change the subject wildly, I know I don't exactly have a huge following here, but if anyone is interested, I have an idea for a small project I plan to start shortly after I finish my exams. I'm thinking of writing bite-sized comical summaries of well-known (or perhaps not so well-known) books. So you can look forward to, or remember to avoid, that in the future.

Until tomorrow, you loveable rascals.

No comments:

Post a Comment